When you open an account for a company under registration, we ask you to provide a proof of address for your company's headquarters that is less than three-month-old.
Currently, you can only create a Qonto account if your company is based in France, Italy, Spain or Germany. If your company under registration, you can only open an account if the company is based in France.
Depending on the country, we need the following documents to validate your company's address. You can provide either:
- An invoice or a proof of contract related to water, power, gas, landline or internet supply (mobile phone invoices are not accepted)
- Or a proof of accommodation issued by a domiciliation agent that holds a prefectural approval
- Or a proof of accommodation (at your personal place of residence for instance, or at a third party's place of residence) and a valid proof of address at the future headquarters address. Along with a complementary copy of an ID/passport if the host in not one of the future company shareholders (you'll find a template at the end of this article).
If the company is hosted by another company, we need:
- A Letter of Authority from the Property Owner giving permission for the company to locate at that premises,
- A copy of Photo Identification of the person signing the Letter of Authority – e.g. Passport/Identify Card scan,
- A copy of the landlord’s KBIS (less than 3 months old) is also required to be presented under French Law.
Please note that lease agreements are not accepted as proofs of address for companies.
Important: The scan of your company's proof of address must be perfectly readable. If the document is blurry or stained, it will be rejected and your registration may be invalidated.