All Collections
Getting started with Qonto
Accepted documents
What documents do I need to open a Qonto for my association based in Italy?
What documents do I need to open a Qonto for my association based in Italy?

List of documents required by Qonto to open a business account for associations.

Updated over a week ago

How can I open a Qonto for my association based in Italy?

If you want to open an account for your association, follow these steps and get the following documentation ready at hand:

1 - Personal Identity Documents

How to provide the requested documents? Follow the instructions in this article!

For President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer (if any):

  • A valid identity document - you can find the complete list of accepted documents here.

👉 Only the President or a natural person expressly delegated by him can open a Qonto account in the name of the company (otherwise, we invite you to click here to download the general power).

👉 According to our internal policies, Qonto reserves the right to accept an association only when its executive board is expressly made of a minimum of 3 members.

Thus, we need to be able to identify the following roles of the executive board in the documents requested for your Association:

  • President;

  • Vice - President;

  • Secretary;

  • Treasurer (if present, it may cover one of the above mentioned roles, as per national directives).

2 - Association’s documents:

If your association is registered to the Chamber of Commerce:

  • Visura camerale (Company Registration Certificate) not older than three months.

Otherwise, prepare the following documentation:

  • Bylaws of the association, signed and stamped by the Agenzia delle Entrate*;

  • Certificate of incorporation, signed and stamped by the Agenzia delle Entrate*;

  • Certificate of allocation of the fiscal code signed and stamped by the Agenzia delle Entrate**.

If the roles of the members of your executive board are not specified inside the above mentioned documents:

  • Updated meeting minutes, dated and signed by the participants at the meeting (or at least President and Secretary)

Additionally, if your association is affiliated to one of the national registries:

  • Extract (or receipt) of registration in the category register (national register, regional register, Onlus register, certificate of registration with CONI).

*Alternatively, we can also accept the copy of its electronic receipt.

**We can also accept its electronic copy, containing the Association’s information and fiscal code/VAT.

👉 If you are registering the local/provincial/regional seat of an association, remember to send us the bylaw, or minutes of incorporation of your seat and not the ones of the general seat.

NB: The associations that can currently open a Qonto account are:

  • Associations of social promotion (APS);

  • Voluntary organizations (ODV);

  • Associations carrying out an activity of general interest under the ETS reform.

⚠️ At the moment, associations between professionals, committees, NGOs (Non-Governmental Organization - In English NGO) and public administrations or with public participation, as well as entities managed, coordinated or controlled by these entities cannot open a Qonto account with us yet.

Did this answer your question?